WhatsApp is one of the most popular communications apps with nearly a billion active users around the world. It had been available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian, and BlackBerry operating systems over the years except Windows and Mac. There was a time when many people, myself included, installed BlueStack software to run WhatsApp on a computer / desktop. But now it is no longer a habit. WhatsApp is now available for download on Windows and Mac.
There are 2 ways to download WhatsApp for PC:
- Download WhatsApp on your PC directly from the official WhatsApp website
- Download WhatsApp for Windows from the Microsoft Store
Method 1: Download WhatsApp to your PC directly from the official WhatsApp website
- Go to Google or Bing and search WhatsApp on PC and click www.whatsapp.com/download link.
- Click now ‘Download for Windows’ Button or ‘Download for Mac’ link and download will begin.
- Now install the application on your computer and wait a few minutes to complete the installation.
Note: This application requires Windows 8 or later and Mac OS X 10.10 or later.
Also read: How to download WhatsApp mode without installing any app
Method 2: Download WhatsApp to Windows from the Microsoft Store
- Open Microsoft Store and search ‘WhatsApp’.
- Click now WhatsApp Desktop and click Install button.
Note: WhatsApp Desktop is currently only available for Windows 10.
How to use WhatsApp on your computer?
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Click 3-point menu (Android) it settings (iPhone) and select WhatsApp network.
- Scan now QR code from your phone and all your messages and status are displayed.
I hope this article was helpful. If you have any doubts, you can comment below.